Bonjour ma cherie! Paris Haute Couture F/W16 Fashion Week was a D R E A M !! Paris comes alive during fashion week. I loved the street style and the creative energy. Plus, the weather was perfect! This was my second Haute Couture week, and let me say, it was even more M A G I C A L than the first time!! This year I attended Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad, and Chanel. They were everything! Breathtaking and G O R G E O U S! The attention to detail, the artistry, and the sheer beauty in every piece was jaw dropping. I leave Paris Haute Couture F/W16 Fashion Week utterly awed and inspired.
The attention to detail, the artistry, and the sheer beauty in every piece was jaw dropping.
I’ve learned a few things along the way to stay ready-for-anything during fashion week, here are my top tips to make your stay and fashion experience go as smoothly and amazing as possible!
A few tips for fashion week:
- Sleep well and stay hydrated. It’s a hectic week of travel (planes, cars, and lots of walking!) A restful night’s sleep keeps you feeling alert and looking fresh faced for whatever may happen! I stayed at the Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel on 33 Avenue George V. Staying in the vicinity helps cut down on travel time, leaving more time for enjoying events, cafes, and shopping! (P.S. Book accommodations well in advance to guarantee the best location.)
- Pre-plan. Plan and style all of your looks in advance. Organize and consolidate your accessories to make it easy for travel. I am a self-confessed over packer, but with honest effort I do always try leave a bit of extra room in my suitcase for shopping!
- Press Upon Arrival. No matter how hard I try, I always arrive at my destination with wrinkly clothes. Ask the hotel to iron your outfits upon arrival – everything will come back nicely pressed and hanging in your closet!
- Pack the flats. Along with gorgeous heels, be sure to also pack those cute sneakers and chic flats you know you’d rather be wearing. I always bring a pair with me in the car to change!
- Travel size. Pack travel sizes of your make-up for quick and easy touch ups along the way.
- Keep it simple. I try to simplify everything, and I am loving my super simple make-up routine this summer: sun kissed skin and flawless finish, with easy day to night transitions!
- Have fun! Keep it lighthearted and enjoy yourself in the midst of a fashion celebration! This is the perfect week to tap into that creative energy, find inspiration around every corner, embrace the art of your personal style, and obsess over every haute couture gown that comes down the runway!
Time to wrap up an amazing week filled with incredible creativity and style inspirations, I can’t wait until next time!